NOTE: This page is about the FELO program itself. The program’s corresponding guide can be found here.
The Facilitating Engaged Learning Online (FELO) program offers new faculty the support they need to serve USM students in online and blended courses well. The program requires approximately 15 hours to complete and offers $300 in compensation, along with the Facilitating Engaged Learning Online Certification, for successful completion.
This program is designed to help new faculty:
- Deliver high quality, engaging online or blended course experiences
- Utilize practical, proven strategies while teaching in online and blended environments
- Apply effective methods for facilitating and assessing online communities
- Develop techniques for promoting active learning
- Help new faculty manage time, workload, and administrative issues related to teaching effectively in online and blended courses
- Join a community of practice with colleagues and mentors to strengthen a culture of continuous improvement and innovation in digital learning.
- Earn CTEL certification in the Fundamentals of Online Learning and Teaching
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org