Has your Fall course run on Brightspace yet? There’s some work that has to be done to make a course that came from Blackboard function well in Brightspace. CTEL can help get your former-Blackboard course fixed up for the Fall 2021 term! After entering your courses into our Converted Course Cleanup (C3) form, we’ll contact you to let you know when we’ve started and finished. Here is a list of what we do:
- If the course has not run in Brightspace before, we’ll locate the Converted version of the Blackboard course that was automatically imported into Brightspace OR import it from the Blackboard Archive.
- Post the Course Description and Course Syllabus on the Syllabus Page
- Clean the Blackboard cruft out of the Grades tool and make sure the setup matches your Syllabus.
- Tidy up the Discussions listing and Attach Discussion Topics to Grade Items.
- Hide old quizzes and exams that aren’t being used.
- Clean up old Announcements.
- Copy the Converted course to the upcoming semester’s shell.
NOTE: The deadline to submit courses for us to work on is August 13th, 2021. We’ll start taking requests for Winter 2021/Spring 2022 courses after the start of the Fall term.
You must be logged into your maine.edu account to fill out the form linked below!