Once you’ve uploaded video or audio that you’ve recorded with CaptureSpace, it’ll appear in your My Media account. You can then add it to a Blackboard course in a couple of different ways.
You can share media as a content item, which means it’ll be displayed on its own, or you can embed it within a textbox with other content, like text, images, other videos, etc.
As a Content Item
- Go to the content area in your course where you want to add your media. (If you need to create a new content area first, follow instructions for changing your course menu.)
- Hover over Build Content in the top menu. Its dropdown menu will open.
- Click Kaltura Media; it’s the last link in the “Mashups” section. A list of all of the audio and video files in your My Media account will be displayed.
- Click the Select button to the right of the media file that you want to add to your course. The “Create Mashup Item” page will open.
- Enter a title for your media file.
- Click the Submit button on the bottom-right side of the page. Now your video or podcast should appear as an item in the content area.
Within a Textbox
- Click the Mashups button. Its dropdown menu will open.
- Select Kaltura Media. A list of all of the audio and video files in your My Media account will be displayed in a pop-up window.
- Click the Select button to the right of the media file you want to add to your course. The My Media window will close, and the media file you selected will appear within the textbox.