In Blackboard’s Grade Center, your gradebook is set up in a table, much like a spreadsheet, and each assignment, quiz, etc. has its own “Grade Column.” How you add a new grade column varies depending for different types of assessments.
To manually create a grade column,
- Click Full Grade Center in the course menu.
- Click Create Column in the menu above the grades table. The Create Grade Column page will open.
- Enter a name in the Column Name textbox.
- Enter the number of points the graded activity will be worth in the Points Possible textbox. (See the note below about other grade column options.)
- Click the Submit button at the bottom-right corner of the page. Your new grade column will appear as the right-most column in your grades table.