Yes. Any video or audio that you’ve uploaded to Kaltura can be embedded in a webpage or social media post.
Kaltura provides you with unique HTML code (called an “embed code”) for each of your media files, which allows you to embed it in other parts of the web, like Google Sites, webpages, social media posts, etc.
To find the embed code for one of your media files in Kaltura,
- Go to My Media. You can access it through a link on your Blackboard home page (the system homepage, not your course homepage) or at video.maine.edu.
- Click the thumbnail of the video you would like to embed. The video’s information page will open.
- Click the Share tab. It’s below the video, so you might need to scroll to the bottom of the page to find it. (If your browser window is small, the tabs will instead appear in a dropdown menu under the “Details” button.)
- Copy the text that appears in the “Embed” textbox. This is your embed code; it starts and ends with “iframe”.
- Paste the embed code into the new site where you want your media to be viewable.
Different sites manage embed code in different ways. If your media doesn’t appear in a site after you paste your embed code from Kaltura, check its user guide for help.