You can find a link to Zoom in 3 different places in a Blackboard course:
- In the Tools menu under the More Tools link in any content area in your course.
- As an option when you add a tool link to your course menu.
- Under the Tools link in your course menu. This link is included in the default course menu provided by Blackboard. If you don’t see it, it may have been deleted at some point, but you can add it back. Watch Blackboard’s “How to Add a Tool Link to your Course” video for a step-by-step demonstration on adding one.
To schedule a Zoom meeting or series of meetings with your students, you’ll need to first add a link to Zoom within your Blackboard course, then you can use that link to access your Zoom account and schedule meetings. If you’re going to have multiple Zoom meetings throughout the term, we recommend that you add a link to Zoom in your course menu; however, if you’ll only have one or two Zoom meetings and your course is organized into weekly content areas, you could simply add a link to Zoom in one of them.
Add a Zoom link to your course menu
- Hover over the + icon at the top-left side of your course menu until its dropdown menu opens, then click the Tool Link option.
- Enter a name for the link.
- Click the “Type” dropdown menu, then select Zoom-Meeting. It’s the very last option on a very long list.
- Check the “Available to Users” box.
- Click the Submit button. The link to Zoom will now appear as the last link in your course menu.
Add a Zoom link to a content area
Go to any content area in your course, then follow these steps:
- Click Tools in the content area’s menu. Its long dropdown menu will open.
- Click More Tools to display even more menu options.
- Click Zoom Meeting. A “Create Link: Zoom-Meeting” page will open.
- Change the name for your Zoom link in the “Link Name” textbox if you want something more descriptive. By default, it’s simply “Zoom-Meeting.”
- Enter a description for your meetings in the “Text” textbox.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom-right side of the page. You’ll return to the content area in your Blackboard course, and the link you created will now appear as the last item in it. When you click this link, your Zoom account will open within Blackboard.